Maccabi SA is aiming to take a small but well prepared delegation to the games which currently consist of Open Football, Junior and Masters Futsal, Junior Swimming as well as Junior and Masters Tennis. However should there be sufficient interest we will consider additional sports and teams. The list of sporting codes can be found here:
Cost: The cost will consist of a EUR amount as well as a ZAR Amount (NO FLIGHTS INCLUDED)
Approximate EUR COST: 1260.00 EUR
This is the participation fee for the games and includes the following:
– 9 nights accommodation 29 Jul – 07 Aug 2019
– All meals
– Training sessions
– Sports Competitions
– Tours and activities
– Opening and Closing Ceremonies
– Team General Managers and Doctor
The Following is excluded from the above fee:
-Travel and Medical Insurance
– Extra nights of accommodation (if needed)
– Extra meals
– Extra Transport
– Spending money
ZAR COST: 3800 ZAR (Excluding Flights)
This is the local fee charged by Maccabi SA and includes the following:
-Badges, pins, flags
NB Exclusions: Apart from the above listed exclusions, the following are also excluded:
1) The cost of sending TEAM COACHES and MANAGERS. Their cost is the same as a normal participant. These funds need to be raised per team.
2) Playing kit is NOT included. While a delegation kit for opening ceremony and for non-sports wear, the actual playing kit for each sport is excluded and needs to be arranged by each team/individual.
3) Spending money needs to be budgeted for in a personal capacity.
4) Full travel insurance needs to be purchased by each participant however Maccabi SA will secure a group rate for this which be offered accordingly.
5) EU Visas unless otherwise specified by Maccabi SA.
The EMG cost has been compiled without flights. Flights can be arranged by teams and individuals however it will be mandatory for Junior Teams to fly together on one flight. Maccabi SA will offer a group flight fare up to a certain point and will advise on this accordingly.
Trials and selection criteria will be available from :
Upon being selected to represent Maccabi South Africa at the EMG 2019, you will be subject to completing the mandatory registration, medical history, team agreement as well as terms and conditions documentation.
Please see the below contacts for Sporting codes and the Organising committee:
Jarred Gronemann (Maccabi SA Sports Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Elan Sawitzky (Chairman, EMG Committee South Africa) email@example.com
Gadi Cohen (Open Football) firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Heilbron (Junior Swimming) email@example.com
Joshua Luck (Junior Tennis) firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronen Cohen (Junior and Masters Futsal) email@example.com