Thanks to all who responded to our Sports Festival enquiry. We love your enthusiasm! Given the number of sports that need to host trials for the 2021 Games, we have decided to hold a Maccabiah Trials Weekend instead, on 24-27 April 2020, in Johannesburg.
The following sports will be holding trials for #TeamMaccabiSA21:
1. Bowls – 16 years upwards
2. Cricket – Juniors (final trials)
3. Netball – u16, u18 and possibly Open
4. Soccer – u16, u18, Open and Masters
5. Squash – u18, Open and Masters (trials for Open and Masters will be to seed top 3 for team events)
– Further details per sport will be be provided as soon as finalised.
– Cape Town trials for the above sports (where applicable) will be confirmed as soon as finalised.
– A reminder that the deadline to register for Junior Tennis trials in March (Jhb and CT) is Friday 21 Feb – email your details to email@example.com
– Please register for the preliminary Junior Cricket trials (28 Feb CT and 22 March Jhb) by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
– ATTENTION u18 FEMALE WATER POLO PLAYERS: there seems to be interest in entering a girls team in 2021. If you are a keen polo player and would like to go the Games, please email details to email@example.com. Once we have gauged the interest and ability, we will advise on next steps.
– ATTENTION BRIDGE PLAYERS: Maccabi SA last competed in Bridge at the 1993 Games. It’s time to make a comeback! If you are a talented Bridge player who would like to compete at Maccabiah 2021, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org